30 Before 30
It's official. I'm now 29. If you've read any of my previous blogs I enter the new age with a list of things I want to do before I turn the next age. I decided to change it up. Instead of just making a list that is easy to do if I actually work on it. I decided that this will be the wild and crazy year. The last year in my twenties deserves a big hurrah. Here's my list of 30 things I want to do before 30:
- Get my nose pierced. I've been wanting to do this for years. But I keep getting the look from my mother that she doesn't think it's respectful. If it doesn't happen in my 29th year, then I'll let this one rest.
- Take a road trip. I hope this summer to take a road trip to either the mid-west or up the PCH.
- Dye my hair blue-black. I've always wanted to dye my hair black, but blue black would be a great fun color this winter.
- East Coast Trip. I miss the east coast so much. I even have dreams of moving back. Hmm. Would like to make it to District of Columbia and NYC.
- West Coast Trip. California is calling my name. Disneyland would be a great mini-trip.
- Rock climbing. I want to learn how to rock climb. I'm looking for a Groupon to take lessons. Let me know if you see one.
- Run in 5 Events. I continue to live a fake dream of running. I really need to get my rear into gear. Once I start training, I always start to love it. I just need to start from scratch again to build my endurance. Who wants to pay me to run?
- Overseas trip. I'm planning on going back to the UK next year. I can't wait to go back. I hope to be there a little bit longer this time around. Need to start saving up the pennies.
- Crochet a blanket. I've crocheted a mini blanket. Now is the time to make one for a regular sized bed. I have enough yarn to make two. One for me and one for my brother. While I netflix binge I'll be crocheting. You can call me "Granny Lauren."
- Take a French class or two. I need to not spend money. So, I'm going to use the duolingo and try and learn some basic phrases, how to count, and the alphabet.
- Document year 29. Project Life has been around forever and I have had many of the materials that I have never used. This year, I want to document all the things I accomplish this year. So every time I mark something off this list I'll document it in my project life album.
- Perfect sugar cookies. Awhile back I stumbled upon the "perfect sugar cookie", icing and all. I want to start making them to give away as gifts and maybe some to sell. Mmmm.
- Get a tattoo. It's now or never. Sounds silly, but I really want one, but know that the older I get the less I'll attempt to get one. So, if I don't start now, I think I won't ever.
- Demo a cd. I would like to create a EP of either covers or Christmas music. These days anyone can produce music.
- Knit a chunky blanket. I must have found a good pattern. I honestly don't remember picking this one.
- Make a quilt. I have a yearning desire to be Martha Stewart, as a lot of these have to deal with me being domestic.
- Try crossfit. I'll have to find a good deal on living social. I thought it would always be fun to just try it out.
- Brew Kombucha. This stuff is ridiculously good and ridiculously expensive. So, why not make it myself!
- Start an instagram of Ellie. That is my beagle and I just adore her. She actually gets the most likes on my instagram. So, it's only fair that I share her more frequently with the world.
- Complete Wes Anderson Collection. I'm only missing Rushmore, Bottle Rocket, and Life Aquatic. If you haven't seen any Wes Anderson film, I suggest The Royal Tennenbaums.
- Complete Christopher Nolan Collection. Between him and Wes Anderson, they make up my favorite directors. Interstellar is my favorite hands down.
- Hike all local mountains. I love hiking and would like to tackle all the ones in the area. I think it's a great form of exercise and a chance to commune with nature. (How corny am I?)
- Try camping. I've had may a friend tell me they will take me. I'm 29 and still never been. Once it starts to warm back up in 2016, I'm ready to go!
- Visit and backpack the Grand Canyon. This will only happen if I've already tried camping. This would be epic though!
- Vist Utah parks. Those commercials get me ever time. That would be just amazing to visit even one of them.
- Sew a piece of clothing. I put this on my list every year. I really want to start making some dresses. I need some dresses. Time to dust off the sewing machine.
- Learn to weave on loom. Bought a loom from Hobby Lobby and received a mini one from Mollie Makes magazine. Now, I just need to try it!
- Perfect hand lettering. I have a couple of mini courses to work through. I want to eventually learn out to write in calligraphy.
- Disneyland. I know I said visit west coast already, but I've been dying to go to Disneyland since I moved to Arizona.
- Go to a soccer game. Whether that happens when I go to the UK, or go to one here in the states. I will get to one this year.
That's my list. It's extensive, but it's fun. Nothing too tasking. Just will take some money on some points. I will be sharing soon my goals for 2016. I can't wait to start sharing more on this blog. I hope you enjoyed this post.
Have you ever written a list like this? If so, how did you do? Did this inspire you to write a list?